OTTAWA, Ontario – Oct. 6, 2015 – PRLog — In a ceremony at the International Economic Development Council (IEDC), held in Anchorage, Alaska Tuesday night, the city of Ottawa was awarded the title of most “Business Friendly” mid-sized city in North and South America. On hand to receive the honour was Ottawa City Councillor Stephen Blais and Invest Ottawa Vice-President, Lana Legostaeva.
Attended by over 1000 people, the IEDC conference includes the presentation of fDi Magazine’s American Cities of the Future Awards. These awards are the largest regional rankings that the magazine publishes in terms of geographical ground covered and it is an intensively competitive field, 421 locations were analyzed for the study.
Ottawa was ranked as follows for mid-size cities in the 2015 survey:
· First for business friendliness
· Second for economic potential
· Tenth for human capital and lifestyle;
· And third overall (one of only two Canadian mid-size cities in the top ten.)
“This award is further proof that Ottawa’s talented network of knowledge-based companies is helping attract new investments and jobs to our city,” said Mayor Jim Watson. “In the years ahead, we will continue to support this key industry, work to diversify and grow our economy, and give investors even more reasons to choose Ottawa.”
The Ottawa ecosystem continues to be recognized for its hi-tech strategies,” said Bruce Lazenby, President and CEO of Invest Ottawa. “Consider the following…
• In the last five years, Ottawa software companies have raised more money in the public markets than every other city in Canada combined.
• Ottawa companies have spent nearly $ 1 Billion buying foreign companies.
• Of the top 250 Canadian ICT companies, Ottawa is home to more than Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary or Waterloo.
…Combine this with our local talent and resources; there has never been a more exciting time to grow a business in the nation’s capital.”
More background on the award can be found here:
T: 613.828.6274 x276
original post by http://www.prlog.org/12499839-ottawa-crowned-most-business-friendly-in-the-western-hemisphere.html at Telecom – Latest News