Enterprise Database Portal & SQL Client
Secure Cloud Database/SQL Client
Database Record View with links to Related Records
DBrow SQL Query Window and Results Page
DALLAS – Oct. 4, 2015 – PRLog — DBrow for AWS is designed to help AWS customers meet data access needs and follow cloud security best practices.
With enterprises moving their applications and databases to Amazon Web Services (AWS), there’s a need for cloud-ready database tools. Improving access to enterprise data can unlock value and boost productivity in IT organizations. Legacy desktop-based database client applications do not meet the needs of today’s agile and distributed IT teams, and are not optimized for deployments on AWS .
DBrow is available in AWS Marketplace as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI). It is a web based database application to query, view, share and visualize data in your databases on Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) (Amazon Aurora, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL).
Limitations of Legacy Database Client Tools.
– They are desktop products that need to be installed for each user in the enterprise with additional VPN/Security Group configuration required for connection to the Amazon RDS instances on your AWS Cloud.
– They offer basic row based retrieval of records. Simple row based retrieval is no longer sufficient to handle increasingly complex databases with hundreds of tables. Users end up spending considerable time writing and executing multiple SQL queries before they can get to the data they need.
– No easy support for sharing of queries or results. Users have to manually share SQLs with no way to share a single record and results directly. Knowledge sharing within the enterprise is restricted.
– They require SQL knowledge to query the database. No intuitive ability to search the data or schema for tables or columns.
DBrow on AWS at a glance.
– Database Portal: Provide your entire organization with one simple and efficient way access to Amazon RDS .
– Holistic Record View: No endless join queries, users can click away to related parent and child records. For Example from an Order -> Items -> SKU -> Attributes etc
– No SQL: Users can browse through data like a web page. Data can be retrieved with natural search and friendly URLs. SQL knowledge is not required.
– Simple to Deploy: Deploy as an AMI from AWS Marketplace, one time setup of connections to your Amazon RDS databases and your enterprise wide database web portal is ready for use.
– Cloud Ready: Follow AWS security best practices and protect your databases without a need to allow direct access. Users get read-only access via DBrow, the Amazon RDS instances are protected behind the appropriate AWS EC2 Security Groups and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) configuration.
– REST API Server for Data access: Retrieve records and your favorite query responses directly via REST/JSON calls. Integrate with Amazon API Gateway for edge caching, security and transformation support.
– Security & Data Protection: The DBrow application runs securely as an Amazon EC2 instance within your AWS Cloud. You have full control of the instance to monitor, secure and configure as needed.
– Supported Databases: Amazon Aurora, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
Try it now.
– Integrated AWS billing with Hourly or Annual options and Zero upfront cost.
– No obligation 30-day free trial and easy cancelation policy.
– Simple 1-Click® install from AWS Marketplace into a wide range of AWS infrastructure choices, from affordable micro to compute-optimized instances and the ability to scale up or down.
– Free on-boarding session to help with initial setup.
– Unlimited users within the enterprise, no per user or per database fees.
– Start your free trial now at https://aws.amazon.com/ marketplace/ pp/B013UOPY4Y
original post by http://www.prlog.org/12496491-dbrow-smart-database-browser-now-available-in-aws-marketplace.html at Computers – Latest News